Incentives Available to Ontario, California Healthcare Employers
The County of San Bernardino offers a variety of workforce development incentives to businesses throughout the region, including businesses located in the City of Ontario, California. One new source of funding targets Healthcare Employers. Healthcare is an industry that is growing in the City of Ontario, and is one that is critically important to the City's residents.
What is the Healthcare Careers Grant for On-The-Job Training?
The Healthcare Careers Grant - On-the-Job Training is a program offered by the County of San Bernardino’s Workforce Investment Board to help medical facilities offset the hiring and training costs of new healthcare employees; RNs, LVNs, Radiology Technicians, Dental Technicians, and other healthcare related positions may be funded.
How Does It Work?
The County will reimburse 50% of wages paid for an agreed-upon period of time while healthcare employers train the employee in their new career. The employer determines the training, sends the County the performance review and record of hours worked, and the County will reimburse the employer for the agreed-upon amount. There is no obligation to hire candidates referred to the employer for consideration, you select who you want to hire and train.
What Are The Requirements?
- Available to San Bernardino and Riverside County residents who have become unemployed.
- Males must be registered with Selective Service (prior to the age of 26).
- Employer agrees to an arrangement to train the newly hired employee.
- Training positions must be full-time and regular status.
How Does the Healthcare Company Benefit?
- Get reimbursed for training a new RN, LVN, Rad Tech, etc!
- Reduce new hire costs!
- Help the local economy by putting people to work!
For more information, please contact: Darren Cook, Business Services Team (909) 948-6644 or [email protected]