Contact us for more information on taking your business to the next level by choosing Ontario, California:
Transportation & Logistics
As the hub of Southern California’s Global Gateway, Ontario augments its strategic location with superior transportation resources that provide ideal access to the region, the nation and the world.
Ontario International Airport
Ontario is home to Ontario International Airport (ONT). With spacious, modern passenger-friendly twin terminals, ONT is less congested and more efficient- and will soon become the next major global gateway in Southern California.
ONT Facts- Passenger
- Opened September 27, 1998
- Twin Terminals consisting of 265,000 square feet each, 2 levels and a linear arrangement of airline gates creating efficient traffic patterns for aircraft.
- Catchment area of more than 6 million people
- Currently serves nearly 5 million annual passengers
- By 2025, ONT will serve over 30 million passengers
Airlines providing air passenger service at ONT include:
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
- United Express
- US Airways
ONT Facts- Air Cargo
- ONT's annual cargo volume is second only to that of Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), and ranks 15th nationally
- ONT will assume tremendous cargo growth as LAX confronts critical capacity limitations
- By 2030, it expects to handle 2.3 million tons
ONT's numerous cargo tenants include two global leaders in integrated logistics:
- United Parcel Service - ONT is the United Parcel Service's (UPS) Western Region hub for both air and trucking operations within a 13-state region. In addition to serving intra-regional traffic, the hub links to UPS's global hub in Louisville and serves as in international gateway for UPS' cargo flights to and from China.
- Federal Express - the world's largest airfreight express carrier and North America's second largest trucking company.
Ontario reaps the benefits of the intersections of three major arteries of Southern California's dynamic freeway system: Interstate 10, I -15 and Route 60. The efficiency of this freeway system has been dramatically enhanced with the recent completion of the high-occupancy vehicle lane on Interstate - 10, augmenting its immediate trucking and air resources.