Fastest growing among the region's major cities, Ontario's taxable retail sales are setting records.
In 2009, Ontario's taxable sales reached $4.6 billion. Ontario’s taxable retail sales make it #1 in the Inland Empire and #4 in Southern California, behind only Los Angeles, San Diego and Anaheim.
- Ontario has a population of more than 177,000 people
- Ontario's resident-customer base within a 10-mile radius includes a population of more than 800,000.
- The Greater Ontario region (comprised of Riverside and San Bernardino Counties) currently has a population of more than 3 million people.
- From 2000 – 2020, the population is expected to grow by 1.8 million people, from 3.2 million to 5.0 million which is greater than 47 of the 50 US states, ranking 4th after California, Texas and Florida.
Contributing a large share of Ontario's retail sales is the 1.7 million square-foot Ontario Mills Mall.
- Ontario Mills, California's largest outlet and value retail shopping destination and entertainment center - and one of California's top tourist attractions
- Over 24 million visitors annually
- Offers stores such as Coach Factory Store, Saks Fifth Avenue OFF 5TH, Michael Kors, Restoration Hardware Outlet, The North Face, Nordstrom Rack, H&M, Forever 21, Old Navy, Tommy Hilfiger Company Store, Abercrombie & Fitch Outlet, Nike Factory Store
- Dining opportunities such as Market Broiler, Rainforest Café, Dave & Busters, Johnny Rockets, Blaze Pizza and more!