From early farmers and citrus growers who settled the land to visionary entrepreneurs realizing new fortunes in industry, distribution, commercial development, retail trade and technology, Ontario has always been a home for hope.
Ontario offers dedicated spaces for new developments across industries. As one of the fastest-growing areas in Southern California, the City’s booming population offers endless opportunities for connecting with new customers or hiring a strong team. With Opportunity Zones reserved for diverse industries, there’s ample space and support for your development project.
Warehousing & Logistics Development Opportunities
Ontario is uniquely positioned to support the need for growth in warehousing, logistics and wholesale trade facilities and leads Southern California in construction of logistics and freight-related warehousing real estate.
Its close proximity to Ontario International Airport, available real estate, more industrially zoned land, proximity to freeways and distribution networks and a skilled workforce provides prized opportunities for developers.
As the demand for new development of state-of-the-art warehouse distribution space continues to soar, the Inland Empire region has established itself as the fastest-growing and most dynamic in Southern California.
Retail Development Opportunities
Home to four distinct urban neighborhoods and diverse shopping opportunities, Ontario is a haven for retail businesses. As California’s largest outlet and value retail shopping destination, Ontario Mills welcomes over 24 million visitors annually, bringing new customers right to your storefront. However, retail spaces are abundant across the City, so retail business owners can choose the area that resonates with their target customer base. Most retail opportunities are located in mixed-use districts that combine office space, residential units, and restaurants, allowing stores to leverage the City’s walkability to draw in new customers.
Industrial & Manufacturing Opportunities in Ontario
Ontario has the hottest industrial real estate market in Southern California. In addition to the large swaths of property reserved for industrial and manufacturing use, Ontario offers modern amenities, a skilled workforce, and the transportation/logistics infrastructure to streamline your processes. Ontario’s annual air cargo volume ranks 15th nationally and is expanding every year. Ideally located near Southern California’s main freeways (including I-10, I-15, and Highway 60) two major railways (Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway & Union Pacific Railway), and the Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach, the City offers unparalleled access to Southern California, national, and global markets.
Office Building Development In Southern California
Ontario is more than just a great place to live - it’s a great place to work! The City is expanding office space development by renovating historic buildings and designing new buildings. Existing and planned office spaces are centered in mixed-use developments. The mix of office space, community areas, retail, dining, and entertainment options creates a dynamic environment that can help businesses attract and retain skilled employees. To complement the City’s wealth of office space, Ontario’s Economic Development Department also offers Workforce and Professional Development services to connect you with the skilled team you’re looking for.
Benefits Of Relocating Your Business To Ontario, CA
Ontario is the perfect environment to grow any business. By relocating to Ontario, California, you’re choosing:
- An affordable cost of living: Unlike other Southern California locations, Ontario’s cost of living is affordable and homeownership is within reach. With a lower median home price and sales tax than Los Angeles, you and your team can enjoy greater savings without sacrificing amenities or attractions
- A balanced lifestyle: Ontario was built to offer the best entertainment, retail, dining, and residential opportunities possible. Modern amenities and proximity to famous Southern California attractions mean your employees will love living here.
- Stress-free travel: Ontario International Airport is convenient and easy to navigate. Less congested and more efficient than neighboring airports, your team can travel in and out of Ontario with ease.
- Skilled workforce: The Ontario region boasts an ‘innovation corridor’ with over 14 colleges and universities. Ontario provides access to students for specialized and innovative careers. In addition, there are a multitude of technical and vocational institutions within the City. Whether you need specialists in technology, finance, engineering, manufacturing, law, or another field, you’ll find your perfect team in Ontario.
- Strong business resources: The City of Ontario’s Economic Development Team is dedicated to helping you build, grow, and relocate your business successfully. From understanding zoning laws and selecting your site to navigating you through unprecedented events like COVID-19, our team is here for you every step of the way.
Interested in learning more about development opportunities in Ontario, California? Contact Ontario’s Economic Development Team today.