Meeting the needs of comprehensive healthcare for Ontario residents, an extensive variety of healthcare providers, facilities, programs and services are available throughout the Ontario area. In additional to responsive physicians, dentists and optometrists, the local healthcare community includes many specialists and complementary practitioners.
Promoting wellness and healthy lifestyles, the local healthcare community also provides for the care and treatment of illnesses, disorders, short and long-term disabilities.
Kaiser Permanente Ontario-Vineyard Medical Campus
2295 S. Vineyard Ave
Ontario, CA 91761
Designed with the patient in mind, this spacious 386,000 square foot hospital combines cutting-edge technology with a peaceful, patient-centered atmosphere.
The Ontario Medical Center is based on Kaiser Permanente’s “template” design that represents the next generation of Kaiser Permanente facilities. Its design allows for enhanced flexibility to accommodate changing practices and technologies, such as the addition of “green” features to the building. It is also designed to meet the new, more rigorous seismic safety standards.
All patient rooms are private with an acoustic design that reduces noise. Walls are decorated with warm colors and artwork — inspired by nature and specially commissioned for this hospital. A family-friendly environment offers beds for overnight stays and wireless Internet access, amenities which enhance the overall care experience. Numerous sky lights and large windows maximize natural light which eases stress, is good for the environment, and contributes to a better patient experience.
The Ontario Medical Center incorporates advanced technology at every opportunity. It is the first medical center in the Kaiser Permanente system to have a fully integrated Information Technology infrastructure across the entire campus. Kaiser Permanente’s electronic medical record system is accessible by computer terminals next to each bed and at nursing stations, allowing providers to retrieve essential medical information at the touch of a finger. Sophisticated imaging systems improve diagnostic and treatment capabilities. A wall-to-wall wireless network provides wireless network coverage in all areas of the campus to support computing devices, wireless telephones and member access.
The hospital is also a “green” facility. Numerous environmentally-friendly design and operational features ensure that this new hospital is a place of health for the planet, too.
Kaiser Permanente’s investment in the Ontario Medical Center is part of its continuing evolution in Southern California and nationally. In the last several years, the organization has committed billions of dollars in upgrades, new construction projects, and the future health of its members.
San Antonio Community Hospital
999 San Bernardino Road
Upland, CA 91786
- 330-bed hospital
- Services including: emergency, medical, surgical, critical care, cardiovascular, maternity and pediatric, family care center, neonatal intensive care and cancer treatment
- Complete laboratory, radiology, respiratory care and physical rehabilitation services
- 2000 professional, technical and service personnel
- 500-member medical staff
Kindred Hospital Ontario
550 N. Monterey Avenue
Ontario, CA 91764
- 91-bed regional acute care hospital
- Specializes in the management of medically complex, resource-intensive patients who require extended lengths of stay
- Kindred delivers all levels of care including a full-service Intensive Care Unit, 24-hour physician coverage, nursing services, respiratory therapists, radiology, surgical services, nutrition support, rehabilitation services, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social and other services.
Pomona Valley Hospital Medical Center
1798 N. Garey Avenue
Pomona, CA 91767
- Nationally recognized as a 100 Top Hospital
- 446-bed acute care, not-for-profit, teaching hospital serving Eastern Los Angeles and Western San Bernardino counties
- PVHMC is staffed by more than 600 physicians, 2,400 employees and 800 volunteers offering comprehensive medical services through three Centers of Excellence
- The Robert and Beverly Lewis Family Cancer Care Center
- The Stead Heart Center
- The Women's Center
Specialized services at PVHMC include:
- Regional Kidney Stone Center
- Sleep Disorders Center
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Center
- Family Health Center and Family Practice Residency Program
- Central Avenue Urgent Care Center
- Pain Management Program
- Diabetes Management Program
- Physical Therapy and Sports Medicine Program
- Breast Health Center
Loma Linda University Medical Center (LLUMC)
11234 Anderson Street
Loma Linda, California 92354
- 900 beds available for patient care including the Loma Linda University Children's Hospital and Loma Linda University Proton Treatment Center
- Recognized as the international leader in infant heart transplantation and proton treatments for cancer
- LLUMC is the only level-one regional trauma center for Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino counties
Some departments and divisions include: adult day care and health services; behavioral medicine center; cancer institute; the children's hospital; craniofacial team; dentistry; diabetes treatment center; ear, nose, and throat; eye medicine; fertility center; heart institute; home care services; marital & family therapy clinic; the National Medical Technology Testbed (NMTB); neuropsychology; neurosurgery; neurosciences; the nursing division; nutritional services; joint replacement center; pain management center; pediatric surgery; proton treatment center; radiology; rehabilitation (PM&R); Ronald McDonald House; sleep disorders center; transplantation institute; urology; and vascular surgery.