The Ontario Police Department
The dedicated men and women who serve as sworn officers and civilian support at police headquarters, neighborhood sub-stations the Ontario Mills Mall, and the Ontario International Airport.
Crime Prevention Teams:
- Neighborhood and Business Watch
- Citizens Academy
- Patrol Cars, mounted and bicycle patrol
- Air Support via helicopters
- Mobile Identification Based Information System (BIS)
- Automated Vehicle Locator System (AVL)
Public Safety Communication Center:
- Streamlined communications via state-of-the-art computer-aided dispatch system
- Integration of police and fire records
- Increases efficiency which is vital while responding to emergencies
Ontario Fire Department
Serving the residents, businesses and visitors of the City of Ontario with a high degree of professionalism is the Ontario Fire Department.
The Ontario Fire Department has 10 strategically located fire stations, including the Ontario International Airport fire station, with a daily staffing level of 57 sworn firefighters. These fire stations house nine 4-person paramedic engine companies, three 4-person truck companies, an 8-person ARFF station, 1 fire investigation supervisor, and 2 battalion chiefs.
In 2020, the Ontario Fire Department responded to over 20,000 calls for service, approximately 55 calls per day, ranging from medical emergencies to a traffic collisions to large commercial fire.
- Services such as:
- Fire & Rescue
- Paramedic/Emergency Medical Service
- Safety Education
- Plan Reviews
- Disaster Preparedness
- Specialty Teams