The Ontario Police Department
The dedicated men and women who serve as sworn officers and civilian support at police headquarters, neighborhood sub-stations the Ontario Mills Mall, and the Ontario International Airport.
Crime Prevention Teams:
- Neighborhood and Business Watch
- Citizens Academy
- Patrol Cars, mounted and bicycle patrol
- Air Support via helicopters
- Mobile Identification Based Information System (BIS)
- Automated Vehicle Locator System (AVL)
Public Safety Communication Center:
- Streamlined communications via state-of-the-art computer-aided dispatch system
- Integration of police and fire records
- Increases efficiency which is vital while responding to emergencies
Ontario Fire Department
Serving the residents, businesses and visitors of the City of Ontario with a high degree of professionalism is the Ontario Fire Department.
The Ontario Fire Department currently has nine stations, which are comprised of nine 4-person Paramedic engine companies, two 4-person truck companies, and an 8-person ARFF station. The Department responds to more than 20,000 calls per year. The city is in the process of developing 13 square miles in the Ontario Ranch area where the Ontario Fire Department will soon begin construction of Fire Station Nine. Station 10 is located at Ontario International Airport.
- Services such as:
- Fire & Rescue
- Paramedic/Emergency Medical Service
- Safety Education
- Plan Reviews
- Disaster Preparedness
- Specialty Teams